Here you will find general articles and information about Miata’s that may be of interest including some press releases from Madza. Please note that information on modifications, maintenance and upgrades are covered on the In the Garage Page.
Everything about Miatas a history from design of the original car to the 30th Anniversary of its introduction. Rich Velardo found this press kit from the introduction of the 30th Anniversary Edition. Included in this 54 page booklet is a history of the origin and evolution of the world’s most popular sports car and specifications of each of the production models and sales volumes, special editions and show cars. Read it for a great background and keep coming back for specific questions about the Miata’s history.
Mazda’s Press Release on the 2022 Miata:
December 16, 2021
- Mazda has developed a new technology called Kinematic Posture Control that provides the MX-5 Miata with better stability when cornering
- For the 2022 model year, the MX-5 Miata is primarily offered with a six-speed manual transmission
- New Platinum Quartz Metallic paint and Terracotta Nappa leather seats add more color options to the roadster
- 2022 MX-5 Miata goes on sale with a starting MSRP1 of $27,300
30th Anniversary Edition It’s ORANGE!!
Thanks to Gary & Char Davis for most of these photos from the Chicago Auto Show.
Click for video of unveiling (you tube video so you have to watch an ad for a few seconds)
Mazda held the world premiere of the Mazda MX-5 Miata 30th Anniversary Edition at the Chicago Auto Show on 2/7/19. That show is open to the public Feb. 7-18. Note only 500 of the special edition will come to the US and all sold out within 4 hours of Madza taking deposits.
Click for Madza press release.
Recall: The recall was announced 2/1/19 and is for the MX-5 for model years 2016 – 2019 with automatic transmissions. Under certain conditions there could be an unexpected downshift, causing an abrupt deceleration of the drive wheels. No accidents or injuries have been reported Click for details
Road Test of 2019 MX-5 The Car Connection: “The 2019 Mazda MX-5 keep the crown of “affordable and fun” wiht a more potent engine this year” Click to view the road test of the 2019 Miata by The Car Connection
MADZA ANNOUNCES 2019 MX-5: MORE POWER!!!
Summary of June 20, 2018 press release from Madza about the 2019 MX-5 Miata:
- The 2019 Mazda MX-5 Miata receives a newly refined powertrain, boasting 17 percent more power and greater fuel-efficiency
- An available brown soft top complements MX-5’s KODO—Soul of Motion design
- Numerous customer-driven improvements include a new rearview camera and more available i-ACTIVSENSE safety equipment
- The 2019 MX-5 goes on sale in the U.S. in the fall of 2018lClick for full Press Release
MADZA COMPLETES FIRST FACTORY RESTORATION (9/27/18)
The first car was a1992 British Racing Green V-Special that was selected by Madza from 600 applications. Click for article
The Inside Story of the Design & Development of the first Mazda MX-5 – A book review by Rich Velardo
Madza’s Newsroom has the official press releases and information about all Madzas.
Miata.net’s News Page Forum has press releases, articles, comments and rumors more focused on the Miata. Note that you have to be a member of Miata.net and sign on in order to have the search function available.