Here you will find general computer, website, navigation, and feature information that may help you. I am always looking for information to help you, somewhat based on the feedback I receive.
- SSL, or Secure Sockets Layer, is a protocol for encrypting information over the Internet. SSL is an industry standard and is used by millions of websites to protect their online transactions with their customers. Data collected on a site using SSL is encrypted. This protects the data from being spied upon by someone else on the internet because they will not be able to understand the encrypted data. If you have ever visited a website using the https:// in the address bar you were creating a secure connection via SSL. As a site visitor, you do not have to do anything differently than you have before.
- There is a COMMENT (feedback) button at the top of each page, on the right side, and you can use it to reach me, The WebDude, directly by email for questions and contributions for this website.
- Clicking the Club Logo, photo, or banner across the top in the header on the top of any website page will take you back to the Home page no matter what page you are on within the site.
- In the search box on the right side of each page you can enter any word and find all the places that word is located on the website, making it easy to find the bylaws, membership form, Deals Gap, etc. This won’t, however, search the contents of the individual articles in the Exhaust Notes or the calendar.
- The categories box is another tool for finding what you are looking for. Each post is categorized by its content, and this area sorts that out for you making it easy to narrow down your search.
- Upcoming events come directly from the Google Calendar for the current month. It does not show listings for the next month until the 1st day of a given month. That is just the way Google has it programmed.
- If you have a smartphone, you can link the calendar to your device and you will have the updated calendar at your fingertips whenever you need it.
- Tired of having documents on your PC or laptop and need to see them on your phone, or vice-versa? Check out Dropbox. Save it once and find it on any device you have, when you need it. It automatically updates when you save something, too, so if you add or change an address or phone number on a document that you save in DB, you have the correct information. You can also retrieve the older versions if you need to. Pretty cool. www.dropbox.com
- Here is a website to help you clean your computer. Go to http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/, for a guide to deleting and controlling cookies on your computer. This web site explains how you can delete and control the cookies that are stored on your computer.